Saturday, July 30, 2022

Pride, Prejudice and Poison (A Jane Austen Society Mystery, #1)Pride, Prejudice and Poison by Elizabeth Blake
My rating: 4 of 5 stars

Erin owns a bookstore in a small Yorkshire village. She is also part of the local Jane Austen Society. When the society's president is killed at a meeting, her BFF is the main suspect, and she sets out to find out the real killer to clear her friend. It does not hurt that the detective in charge is quite handsome.
I liked the small town setting, and the friendship between Erin and Farnsworth, but the killer was on top of my list from the beginning. There's also a possible love triangle, and I'm tired of that trope.
Otherwise, the mystery was good, lots of clues to distract, and quite a few characters in the town. I will read the next in series.


View all my reviews

No comments:

Post a Comment