Sunday, October 9, 2022

Jane Austen's Lost Letters (Josie Prescott Antiques)Jane Austen's Lost Letters by Jane K. Cleland
My rating: 4 of 5 stars

Josie receives a package from a woman who knew her father. Apparently, he had given it to her to pass on to Josie, but she does not understand it took the woman 20 years to bring it. The woman runs off after refusing to explain anything. Inside the package Josie finds a note from her father, and what appears to be 2 letters of Jane Austen. She tries to find the woman with no luck. Then, one of the guests in her antiques show is found dead and that ups the ante.
This was the first book of this series I read, and I had a hard time telling the regulars from the 'guests' to make my list of suspects, but I guessed the killer midway through the book. And I learned more about antiques than I needed. I may read more of the series, but they are not on top of my list.

View all my reviews

No comments:

Post a Comment