Saturday, March 12, 2022

Pumpkins in Paradise (TJ Jensen Mystery #1)Pumpkins in Paradise by Kathi Daley
My rating: 4 of 5 stars

New series for me. TJ works as a school coach and helps out in her family's lodge at a Lake Tahoe-style place in the town of Serenity, Nevada. She is friends with the town's curmudgeon, Zachary, who is found dead. Police think he just died of old age, but TJ thinks there's something odd about his death.
I enjoyed the setting and the characters, but the writing was a little bit odd. I also thought that the Nevada Day holiday was not mentioned, even though it celebrated right before Halloween. It may be a bigger deal in Carson City, where I live, than elsewhere in Nevada.
I will try to read the next one in the series.

View all my reviews

No comments:

Post a Comment