Wednesday, September 18, 2019

Arsenic and Old Books (Cat in the Stacks, #6)Arsenic and Old Books by Miranda James
My rating: 4 of 5 stars

I like books about librarians, and I love his cat, Diesel. I am not a cat person, but if I were to get a cat, I'd love to get a Maine Coon. That said, this particular book had a somewhat simple mystery, but it was very interesting. A Civil War era diary is found, and triggers an escalation of a political feud between 2 local families. Charlie is archiving the diary, but it disappears, and after a professor seeking tenure is killed, the diary is returned with pages missing. I do like that Charlie is not the "Don't go in the basement!" type of MC, but I had a bit of a hard time listening to the audiobook, narrated by a woman, and speaking in first person. But otherwise, it was a nice, easy read.


View all my reviews

No comments:

Post a Comment