Tuesday, September 17, 2019

Killer Takeout (Key West Food Critic Mystery #7)Killer Takeout by Lucy Burdette
My rating: 5 of 5 stars

October in Key West means heat, humidity and the Fall Festival Fest. This year, it also means a murder and a hurricaine. When one of the contentants in the pageant keels over dead during the zombie bike ride, Hailey steps in to try and solve the murder. In between writing a column about take-out food, planning her mom's wedding, dealing with her new boss and trying to decide whether to leave the Island for the duration of the storm, Hailey has her hands full.

I really enjoy this series, and picked up a map of Key West so I could follow along when Hailey is driving around town. The author really makes you feel like you are there, sweating and looking at all the strange happenings. There were so many likely suspects, I gave up trying to figure out who was the murdered. I also had to go and find a slice of Key Lime Pie on Saturday because I was craving it like crazy. This series is a lot of fun!


View all my reviews

No comments:

Post a Comment