Tuesday, September 17, 2019

The Chocolate Falcon Fraud (A Chocoholic Mystery, #15)The Chocolate Falcon Fraud by JoAnna Carl
My rating: 5 of 5 stars

A festival honoring film noir is being held in Warner Pier, and TenHuis chocolate falcons are selling fast. Lee's step-son (former step-son?) makes a quick visit and then disappears. And just like in the movie, a dead body falls when they open the door. What is going on and what does the ship La Paloma have to do with it?
Fudge recipes are sprinkled in with this mystery, the 15th in the chocolate series. The mystery is quite complicated for a cozy, and there are a couple of twists towards the end. I didn't particularly like the identity of the murder victim, but it does fit into the plot. I like that my suspect list was long and nobody really stood out; I'm beginning to get bored of mysteries where I can pick off the killer from the start. I'm looking forward to more books in this series!


View all my reviews

No comments:

Post a Comment